Contact detailsContact Property
Cardwell Beachcomber Motel and Tourist Park is located on the beachfront in the seaside village of Cardwell a leisurely two hour drive from Cairns or Townsville along the 'Great Green Way'(Highway 1). Cardwell is within an easy drive of Cairns and Townsville airports and is serviced by national bus lines and Queensland Rail.
Action packed or sit back and relax. Cardwell is renowned for its great fishing and crabbing and is the gateway to the world famous Hinchinbrook Island and Thorsborne Walking Trail. Cardwell is a boaties paradise with miles of sheltered creeks and waterways to explore and numerous islands and reefs offshore offering excellent reef fishing.
- BBQ Facilities
- Dump Station
- Hot Showers
- Pet Friendly
- Pets allowed, enquire on booking
- Resident Manager
- Swimming Pool - Outdoor
Please Contact Property for pricing information
* Explore Hinchinbrook Island, the world's largest island National Park
* Walk the world famous Thorsborne Trail
* Pack a picnic and visit the areas National
* Spectacular waterfalls and freshwater swimming holes
* Visit the award winning Cardwell Rainforest and Reef
* Visit the historic Cardwell Bush Telegraph & Heritage centre
* Local arts and craft centres
* Try your luck fishing and crabbing the local creeks and waterways,or fish the numerous reefs offshore
* Stroll along the palm fringed beach to the cardwell Jetty to catch a glimpse of dugongs and turtles
* Enjoy a late afternoon drink or meal at our licensed restaurant overlooking Hinchinbrook Island
* White water rafting on the world famous Tully river
New Management - not good! was a great park before but no longer. Arrived to find confirmed site bookings were 'lost or dates wrong'. Sites unprepared and not 'habitable' and no help from management to rectify this. Amenities not cleaned for entire 6 days of our stay, running out of toilet paper, dirty and smelly by the end when we gave up and left our holiday early. Pool not cleaned the entire stay, started as milky then green on last day - management (male) said not to swim in it if you didn't like it! Dog friendly park (we had ours - on leash and pick up poos etc). Except Management let their own dog and strays wander freely through the park pooing and entering sites looking for foodscraps. Following this example other campers are letting dogs wander off lead through the park, dogs swimming in pool and dog also in shower block. Gross! We are repeat visitors but will never return under this management team. Location is lovely if you can overlook the rest.
newly renovated after cyclone small pool no playground great restaurant and meals.
friendly family service willingness to help with tour guiding/what to see where to go night camp fires social activities with other park visitors
We always stop here on way north. Clean big sites welcoming staff and nice seafront restaraunt.