Prepare to fall in love with Tamworth as you discover its great cafés, natural beauty and relaxed country atmosphere. A weekend just isn’t enough!
1. A day of exploring Tamworth calls for a hearty, delicious brekky, and luckily the trendy Addimi café has got you covered. Just try and choose between the French toast (with bacon, compote and Canadian maple syrup – drool!) and the salmon and ricotta bruschetta – they’re both to die for!
2. And you know you’ve picked a winner when you see the stream of locals pour in and out of Addimi. This is undoubtedly THE place to go for brekky in Tamworth.
3. Walk off brekky as you wander through Tamworth’s Farmers’ Market – a vibrant weekly event that celebrates the region’s growers and makers of fresh local produce.
4. It would be rude to visit the Country Music Capital of Australia and not stop in at the Country Music Hall of Fame. The colourful history of Australian country music is on full display here, with the museum overflowing with costumes, original LPs, instruments and memorabilia.
5. Continue the country music theme and head straight for the Big Golden Guitar on the New England Highway (you can’t miss it!). It’s a great spot for a cheesy photo, or to tick off if you’ve got a ‘big things of Australia’ bucket list!
6. There’s only one place to go for dinner in Tamworth on a Saturday night, and that’s The Pig and Tinder Box. This effortlessly cool eatery specialises in cocktails, craft beer and share plates, so relax and enjoy a night of top-notch food and drinks!
7. Settle in for the night at Tamworth’s Paradise Tourist Park. With luxury riverfront villas, comfortable cabins and grassy camping spots, there’s an accommodation option to suit all budgets and family configurations.
8. Start the day with a coffee and meal at Le Pruneau, a relaxed café that also doubles as a grocery store and market. We recommend stocking up on their tasty selection of gourmet produce.
9. For the best way to explore the stunning countryside that surrounds Tamworth, it’s time to saddle up! No matter what your experience level, join Kootingal Horse Riding Adventures on one of their leisurely trail rides and bask in the panoramic views of the rolling hills of Tamworth.
10. Back in town, it’s worth popping in to Ruby’s Café and Gift Store for a little peak at some of their homewares and gifts.
11. You’re guaranteed to pick up a quirky souvenir, and the distinctly Melbourne-styled establishment does a cracking coffee, too.
12. For the best sunset viewing spot in Tamworth, walk or bike ride up to Oxley Lookout.
13 It’s also a great spot for a picnic dinner – time to whip out those treats from Le Pruneau!
14. Finish your Tamworth trip in luxury, with a stay at the 5-star boutique hotel The Retreat at Froog-Moore Park.
15. Each room is exquisitely themed, so the hardest choice will be choosing a room to stay in. Our favourite? The lavish gold and purple Moroccan Fantasy boudoir, of course!
16. Much more than just golden guitars and country music, Tamworth is a surprising regional hub that you just to discover for yourself.