The Broken Hill and Silverton region boasts a wealth of history - but you can’t find it all in one place.
You need to visit multiple sites to get the full picture. These museums tell so many amazing Australian stories covering a range of themes including: Discovery, Diversity and Survival.
The following museums allow visitors to Broken Hill to get a taste of the stories, objects, pictures and documents that provide such a rich window into the history of Australia's outback pioneering past.
- White's Mineral and Living Mining Museum
- Broken Hill Family History Group
- Bells 1950s Milk Bar
- Silverton School Museum
- Outback Archives
- Broken Hill Mosque Museum
- West Darling Machinery Preservation Society
- Synagogue of the Outback Museum
- Sulphide Street Railway and Historical Museum
Plan your trip accordingly and discover why Broken Hill has been named Australia's first National Heritage Listed City.